Microsoft PPM is an end-to-end collaborative project, portfolio, and resource management platform that assists organizations in gaining visibility, insight, and control to improve decision-making, improve project and work initiative alignment with the business strategy, maximize resource utilization, and measure and increase operational efficiency.
Microsoft knows there isn’t a PPM solution that works for everyone. To ensure that teams can successfully complete projects on time and reach the projected return on investment, effective PPM solutions need to offer companies of various sizes and maturity levels the appropriate tools.
Organizations across various industries use the Microsoft Project Portfolio Management Solution, which provides a customizable, end-to-end PPM platform to automate fundamental project portfolio management activities.
Through variants of Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft has provided adaptable software for Project Portfolio Management (PPM) for more than ten years.
The most recent Project Family version makes the tried-and-true capabilities of Project Server accessible as Project Online. This cloud service gives businesses of all shapes and sizes improved agility with a smaller IT footprint.
Microsoft project portfolio management products
The Project family’s subsequent components combine to provide the Microsoft PPM Solution, which offers extensive on-premises, online, and cloud-based platforms.
- Microsoft Project Online, the adaptable online alternative to Project Server, enables your business to start projects fast, prioritize investments in your project portfolio, and produce outcomes with the required business value.
You can act and react to market opportunities more quickly and effectively when using a unified experience with other Microsoft cloud services.
- Microsoft Project Server is a flexible, on-premises daily work and project portfolio management solution. Participants in the team, project contributors, and business decision-makers can start the work, order project portfolio investments, and deliver the desired business value almost anywhere.
Additionally, Project Server assists enterprises in gaining control over all forms of work, matching resources and investments with business priorities, and visualizing performance via potent dashboards.
- Microsoft Project Professional offers strong, visually enhanced techniques to streamline resource management, planning, and collaboration so managers can successfully manage all projects.
Project Professional’s integration with Project Server and Project Online guarantees businesses may take advantage of unified PPM’s additional business advantages.
Today’s enterprises can increase visibility and control across various portfolios, align spending with strategic priorities, and foster team collaboration to deliver projects on time and within budget thanks to Microsoft Project Portfolio Management solutions.
Features of Microsoft PPM Solutions
Microsoft PPM Solutions aids businesses in achieving the following objectives:
- Demand Management: Using governance workflow, intuitively record all requests in a single repository.
- Portfolio Selection and Analytics: Choose project portfolios that are most aligned with your organization’s business plan by objectively prioritizing, optimizing, and selecting them.
- Resource Management: Manage resources proactively and reactively throughout the project’s lifetime.
- Schedule Management: Creating and sharing simple and complex project schedules is straightforward.
- Financial Management: Monitor and assess the financial performance of your projects and portfolio.
- Time and Task Management: Make it easier for team members to submit time and task status updates.
- Team Collaboration: Improve communication between dissimilar teams to foster knowledge sharing and teamwork.
- Issues and Risk Management: Identify, mitigate, and communicate issues and risks that could adversely affect project success.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting: Accurately assess project performance, gaining visibility and supervising all portfolios.
- Program Management: Launch, organize and carry out strategic programs.