This July, we have added quite a few great features to PPM Express. Please have a look at all features and a detailed description of the most important ones.
A layout is now available for selection when creating new Portfolios, Projects, etc.
The changes will apply to the following entities:
- Resource (if created from Resource menu)
- Business Challenge
Before: When you created a new Portfolio or other entity listed above, the dashboard sections were displayed on the Portfolio/Project/ Resource/ Business Challenge creation screen and could be selected one by one for the newly created entity. A layout could be selected only after a new Portfolio, Project, or other entity was created.
Now: When you create a new Portfolio, Project, etc., you can select a layout on the creation screen. The “default layout” is displayed by default. At the same time, it is possible to expand sections and customize them before you create Portfolio, Project, etc.
Import of key dates and risks is now possible from Project to the Portfolio level.
Before: Key dates and risks on project and portfolio levels were added and managed independently. It was not possible to add project key dates or risks to the portfolio level.
As a Portfolio Manager, you can now import key dates or risks from related Projects for viewing in your Portfolio. Using connection icons next to a key date or risk, you can easily navigate to an original linked element in PPM Express. As you can import key dates from external systems, you can also navigate an external key date directly from your Portfolio. Use a column “From” to view a project from which you imported a key date or risk and manage all important key dates or risks from all your related projects on a single page.
We added a new section, ‘Workload’ to the Resource dashboard.
As a Project and Resource Manager, you can review all assignments for the selected resource across PPM Express and plan the Resource workload accordingly.
The ‘Workload’ section shows the Tasks, Action Items, Risks, and Issues that are due this month or late andignments by status.
If you click the ‘View Resource Assignments’ button, app will open the Workload page, where you can review all resource assignments in detail.
It is now possible to synchronize totals from PPM Express Time as completed work to PPM Express tasks.
Users who use PPM Express Time for time reporting and established connection between PPM Express Time and PPM Express can now synchronize totals from PPM Express Time to PPM Express ‘Completed work’ task field.
It is required to enable the ‘Write totals to PPM Express completed work’ feature in PPM Express Time projects linked to PPM Express.
If PPM Express and PPM Expres Time projects projects are linked, tasks from PPM Express will appear as suggested time entries in PPM Express Time when the feature is enabled.
When the time is reported (confirmed work) for these entries, the values will appear in the PPM Express ‘Completed work’ task field.
Onboarding videos on configuring connections are now added to the ‘Configure Connection’ menu of each external system (Azure DevOps, Jira, MS Planner, Project Online, Office 365 Group).
Users who configure connections to external systems can now review video guides on how to configure connections. The links to these videos are added to the ‘Configure Connection’ menu of each connection.
Task Management – default descriptions are added to native task fields.
Dev team added information buttons to all native task fields. Users can now review the descriptions for native task fields and quickly get information on how each field is used.
These descriptions can be edited if needed. For this, open the field for editing (e.g., open any view for editing and click on the pencil-like button next to the required field) and add your own description.
- It is now possible to synchronize totals from PPM Express Time as completed work to PPM Express tasks (for users who established connections between PPM Express and PPM Express Time).
- A new section, ‘Workload’ is added to the Resource dashboard. As a Project or Resource Manager, you can review all assignments for the selected resource across PPM Express and plan the Resource workload accordingly.
- A layout is now available for selection when creating a new Portfolio, Project, Business Challenge, Resource.
- Import of key dates and risks from Project to Portfolio level is now supported.
- Onboarding videos on how to configure connections are now added to each external system’s ‘Configure Connection’ menu (Azure DevOps, Jira, MS Planner, Project Online, Office 365 Group).
- Task Management – default descriptions are added to native task fields.
- Power BI reports – ‘Action Items’ report can be sorted by clicking on the columns header. Added support for Web App action items defaults sorting order.
- Task Management – the case when status could be selected but not saved when task statuses calculation settings are disabled is now fixed.
- Fix for the case when login of invited Office 365 user failed on an attempt to login via another Office 365 organization.
- Dev team fixed the task tooltip for the My Space page.
- Fix for the case when a Group was not displayed on task details for Planner tasks on the My Space page.
- Fix for the case when the Budget section was not loading from the Teams app and browser version.
- Azure DevOps connection – iteration link was fixed to display a selected iteration for the correct team.