PPM EXPRESS UPDATES DIGEST: WHAT’S NEW IN APRIL?
This April we have released several great features, let’s review the list of these features and the new features in details.
- An ability to link PPM Express project to any work item type (default or custom) for Azure DevOps connection has been added.
- ‘Cancelled’ option was added to the ‘Progress’ project field of the Details section in PPM Express.
- Auto-calculation of Key Date status has been added to PPM Express. All Key Dates (project and portfolio) are calculated automatically from now on. Please refer to this article for information about the auto-calculation logic.
- Email Notifications have been added to PPM Express. This feature allows receiving daily and weekly summary notifications (projects and portfolios) by email.
- Project Strategic Alignment and Project Score have been added to PPM Express OData.
- Business Challenges and Ideas Overview reports have been added to PPM Express Power BI reports (available from the Home page).
- The fields of Impact type are now displayed as numbers in OData.
- A default task group ‘Backlog’ was added. All newly created tasks will be added to this group by default.
- Drag and Drop option is now available for the tasks timeline view.
- The total number of tasks in the tasks group is changed to show the completed number/all tasks number.
- ‘Add Group’ button name has been changed to ‘Manage Group.’
- You can now open the groups pane on the project tasks page by clicking the group name.
- We added a possibility to select all tasks within one group on the project tasks page.
- We removed an unnecessary hint about mapping transformation rules on the field mapping screen from the Azure DevOps connection.
- Additional validation of the values provided in the project fields of a ‘Slider’ type has been added.
- Fix for saving the selected view on the tasks page after the page reload.
- Fix for ‘Late,’ ‘Today,’ and ‘This Week’ counters calculation in the Summary tiles of the project tasks page.
- Fix for importing the task statuses while importing tasks to/from CSV file.
- Fix for the background color of the late task indicator on the project tasks page.
1) More Flexibility for Azure DevOps Users
An ability to link PPM Express project to any work item type (default or custom) for Azure DevOps connection was added.
While linking PPM Express project and Azure DevOps project, it was possible to link PPM Express project to the whole Azure DevOps project, or specific team, epic, iteration, or/and area.
As you know, among all work item types, PPM Express only supported epic. Now, we have added an ability to link PPM Express project to Azure DevOps work items of any type, including default and custom ones. So, now it is possible to connect the PPM Express project to the Azure DevOps project or specific team, work item type (default or custom), iteration, or/and area.
2) See When a Project Has Been Canceled
‘Canceled’ option has been added to the ‘Progress’ project field of the Details section in PPM Express. Now five options are available for selection here:
- Not started
- In Progress
- On Hold
3) Auto-Calculation of Key Dates Status
Previously the statuses for Key Dates created in PPM Express have been set up manually only. This month we have added auto-calculation of Key Date status to PPM Express. All Key Dates (project and portfolio) are calculated automatically right now.
As you create a key date, the status field is in read-only mode.
When you provide the required information for your key date and click Create Key Date button, the status for this key date is calculated automatically. It is set according to the Key dates finish date, taking into account the current date:
- On Track – Finish Date is Today or further;
- At Risk – the key date is late by less than 10 days (from Today);
- Critical – the key date is late by more than 10 days (from Today).
- Done – the Key date is marked as Complete.
Please refer to this article for information about the auto-calculation logic.
4) Email Notifications
Email Notifications have been added to PPM Express. This feature allows receiving daily and weekly summary notifications (projects and portfolios) by email.
PPM Express summary notifications have been introduced in February 2020, enabling users to receive the notifications to Microsoft Teams application. Now users can decide where they would like to receive weekly and/or daily notifications to Microsoft Teams or by email.
This feature helps Project Managers to keep up with the changes made within their PPM Express Projects, Portfolios, and Challenges from Teams application or receive this information by email.
The Email notifications are configured and enabled per user in PPM Express. Read this article to learn how to configure the email notifications and their types and content.
5) New Power BI Reports
Project Strategic Alignment and Project Score were added to PPM Express OData, meaning that users will be able to review the information for Strategic Alignment and Project Score in Power BI Reports. Two new reports will be added based on this OData information on the 6th of May 2020.
Also, Business Challenges and Ideas Overview reports were added to PPM Express Power BI reports. These reports are available form the Home Page directly, under the Innovation Management section.