Recently, we released PPM Express v7.4, this release was focused primarily on bug fixes and improvements that were affecting the performance and stability of PPM Express. In this release notes, I will highlight several new great features to PPM Express. This June we have added several new great features to PPM Express.
The logic of saving the last selection choice of how the information is displayed on PPM Express pages changed.
The logic of saving the last selection choice of how the information is displayed on pages changed. When you selected a column width / views/ timescales / timeframe / sorting / filters on the pages, these changes were reset to default when you closed the app and re-opened it. When you make a change to a column width / views on the pages, these changes will be saved no matter if you switch between the pages or re-open the application itself.
Now: When you make a change to a column width/views, etc. on the pages listed above, these changes will be saved no matter if you switch between the pages or re-open the PPM Express application itself.
The changes apply to the following pages:
- Portfolios Views
- Projects Views
- Resources page
- Business Challenges Views
- Company Objectives Views
The following changes will be saved from now on:
- Columns width;
- Views (Cards, Timeline, Configurable table);
- Timescales (Days, Weeks, Months, Quarters, Years);
- Timeframe (date range);
These changes are saved per user and per page: Portfolios, Projects, Resources, Challenges and Ideas, Company Objectives. If you open PPM Express on a different device or browser the changes will be saved as well.
Manage Budget permission was changed and renamed to Manage Financial Details.
Before: Manage Budget permission granted access to Project or Portfolio budgets for the user account. If this permission was disabled, the user could not see or edit the budget (a placeholder was shown instead in the Budget section).
Now: Manage Budget permission was changed and renamed to Manage Financial Details. If this permission is disabled for the user, not only the Budget section content is hidden from this user, but also all Cost fields (OOB and custom) become disabled across Projects, Resources and Portfolios (N/A status is shown for these fields). OKR and Challenges & Ideas modules are excluded from this rule.
Please refer to the People Management article for more details.
OAuth authentication type is now available for Jira Server connection.
OAuth (Open Authentication) a mechanism for securing server-client communications was available only Basic authentication type for Jira Server connection. Now: The OAuth authentication type is available for selection as well for Jira Server connection.
One Project can now be added to multiple Portfolios.
Before: Users could add one Project to one Portfolio only.
Now: Users can add the same Project to multiple Portfolios.
- Multiple portfolios option is now supported. It allows adding one project to several portfolios.
- OAuth authentication type is now supported for Jira Server connection.
- Add Key Result – improved navigation logic when clicking the “Cancel” button using the left side panel.
- Email notification was removed for cases when users submit an Idea to the Business Challenge of their own, assign themselves to a Project, Portfolio, Business Challenge as a Manager, or assign themselves to sub-entities, such as Tasks, Key Dates, Action Items, etc.
- ‘Assigned To’ field of the Project Key Dates is added to OData.
- Project Status history was added to the ‘Project Status’ Power BI report.
- ‘Objective permissions’ tab was added to the ‘User Permission’ Power BI report.
- ‘Key Date Assignee’ filter was added to ‘Portfolio Key Dates’ and ‘Project Key Dates’ Power BI reports.
- The logic of saving the last selection choice of how the information is displayed is changed. The changes apply to the following pages: Portfolios Views, Projects Views, Resources page, Business Challenges Views, Company Objectives Views.
- Manage Budget permission was changed and renamed to Manage Financial Details. Now if this permission is disabled for the user, not only the Budget section content is hidden from this user, but also all fields of Cost type (OOB and custom) become disabled across Projects, Resources, and Portfolios (N/A status is shown for these fields). OKR and Challenges & Ideas modules are excluded from this rule.
- Task Management – issues related to Select and Date fields were fixed.
- The case when Azure DevOps synchronization failed on Status Project mapping was fixed.
- Task Management – The case when there were tasks in Projects but counters and progress displayed N/A or 0 was fixed. Wanna know more about task management – visit our blog!
- Report settings – Power BI report is now downloaded with version name.
That’s all folks, and don’t forget to visit our Roadmap !